Artemira Publishing is looking for passionate Romanian language writers to adapt classical Romanian literature works for a new easy-to-read book series in Romanian.
During the last year we have successfully published ten books in the Finnish Easy Reading series, a book series of easy-to-read Finnish classics. We are now looking forward to expanding our publication with a similar series in Romanian, to make the wonderful and rich Romanian classical literature available all around the world, to those looking to improve and develop their Romanian language skills.
Your tasks will be:
- to rewrite and adapt Romanian classical works into a shortened, concise and simplified text which fits the concept of the Romanian Easy Reading books
- to review your work with the editors and make suggested modifications
- to proofread the book in its various stages before publication
We expect you to have:
- an interest in classical Romanian literature
- flawless Romanian writing skills, mastering grammar and writing rules
- basic knowledge of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- ability to identify the important aspects of a story and leave out unimportant details
- a natural aptitude to summarize long text passages and ideas into short, concise and clear text
- easy-going and relaxed working attitude, meeting deadlines and prioritizing quality over quantity
This work will be carried out according to a contract with a fixed payment and / or royalties per book. This is a great opportunity for students to get some valuable experience in this area.
If you are interested in this type of work, please drop us a message with the subject “Book adaptations – Romanian” at artemira(at)artemira.eu, or use this contact form. We would be very happy to provide you with further information.
Romanian Easy Reading will be a book series of easy readers in Romanian language. The aim of this series is to provide early access to Romanian literature to those studying Romanian as a second language, and help them enhance their Romanian language skills through reading. Written in a clear, simplified language, the books will be preserving the style, tone and atmosphere of the original work. Footnotes with vocabulary explanations, and comprehension questions at the end of chapters help the reader understand the text better. In addition, an exercise section could be included at the end of the book to allow the reader to review some of the main language aspects present in the text. The books in the series shall be written on three levels (A-beginner, B-intermediate, C-advanced).
Artemira Publishing is a Romanian publishing house established in 2006. From 2013 to 2017 it has published, among others, the periodical printed magazine called Puhutaan suomea, a magazine for Finnish language learners. Starting with March 2018, Artemira has published ten books in the Finnish Easy Reading series.