Finnish Language Writers for Book Adaptations
Since the series was launched in March, we have published three books: Anna Liisa (Minna Canth), Helsinkiin (Juhani Aho) and Laulu tulipunaisesta kukasta (Johannes Linnankoski). We are planning to release at least 3 more books during 2018, with about 5 to 10 books per year after that.
Your tasks will be:
- to rewrite and adapt Finnish classical works into a shortened, concise and simplified text which fits the concept of the Finnish Easy Reading books
- to review your work with the editors and make suggested modifications
- to proofread the book in its various stages before publication
We expect you to have:
- an interest in classical Finnish literature
- flawless Finnish writing skills, mastering grammar and writing rules
- ability to identify the important aspects of a story and leave out unimportant details
- a natural aptitude to summarize long text passages and ideas into short, concise and clear text
- easy-going and relaxed working attitude, meeting deadlines and prioritizing quality over quantity
This work will be carried out according to a contract with a fixed payment and / or royalties per book. This is a great opportunity for students to get some valuable experience in this domain.
An example of our previously published work can be downloaded here.
If you are interested in this type of work, please drop us a message with the subject “Book adaptations – Finnish” at artemira(at)artemira.eu, or use this contact form. We would be very happy to provide you with further information.
Finnish Easy Reading is a book series of easy readers in Finnish language. The aim of this series is to provide early access to Finnish literature to those studying Finnish as a second language, and helping them enhance their Finnish language skills through reading. The books are written in a clear, simplified language preserving the style and tone of the original work. Footnotes contain vocabulary explanations, while at the end of chapters comprehension questions help the reader understand the text better. In addition, an exercise section is included at the end of the book to allow the reader to review some of the main language aspects present in the text. The books are written on three levels (A-beginner, B-intermediate, C-advanced).